Hello hello!! Only me!
It’s a great idea and I thought it originally started over at Jessica Writes. Turns out, she didn’t as she put me right, so who did I wonder🤔 Anyhoo, be sure you check out and maybe follow these guys, their blogs are very cool!😎
So, without further ado, here goes:
1) Inside flap/back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough?
Just enough to make me go ooooooh!!!
2) New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, eBook, Paperback or Hardcover?
Being the ‘book cover judger’ that I am, I often get drawn in by a shiny new hardback. (See photo below!) Trouble is, they’re really heavy to hold in the bath which is my favourite reading place! So, unless it’s a new release from an author I’ve been waiting on, I’d say it’s gonna have to be paperback. Purely for comfort and convenience. Comfort always wins at my age!!
3) Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books; take notes, make comments, or do you keep your books clean, clean, clean?
CALL THE COPS!! People who write in books should get arrested.
4) Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the authors gender?
It isn’t important at all. If I like the sound of the synopsis I’ll buy it based on that. AND THAT ALONE. (Lies, Lisa, lies, it’s all about the cover and you know it.)🤨 That isn’t true.
5) Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
That’s very disturbing behaviour. People who do that must be serial killers.
6) Organised bookshelves or outrageous bookshelves?
My ‘read’ bookshelf is a thing of neat beauty. Here’s a sample:
However, my ‘TBR’ trolley is a little bit messy, but it’s basically my life on wheels, so, you know…
7) Have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
I’ll elaborate. The black sprayed edges did it. And it turned out to be a fantastic read by a fabulous author who I went on to read a lot more of her stuff…
8) Take it outside to read, or stay in?
I prefer reading indoors. Unless I’m on holiday and I’ll try my hardest to get engaged with my holiday reads at the pool. My problem with reading outside is I am such a nosey cow. I get so easily distracted by stuff, (other peoples conversations, shoe choice, summer dress choice, hair style, dogs, birds, cats, food, drink. You get the picture 🤥😆) My concentration level is zero in the big wide world. Book. In the bath. Best place ever.
Aaah, that was a fun one! Care to join in with this tag? Give me a mention, I’d love to have a read!
Until next time, bye for now 👋🏻