Hello! Only me!
It’s been a little while since I last posted, I guess I’m a bit of an inconsistent shitty blogger, but oh well!
All I know is I post when I feel like it and sometimes I can’t be arsed or simply have zero inspiration! But hey, that’s the way I blog, with no pressure!
Anyway, today (Sunday) I read this tag over on Forbookssake and really enjoyed reading Dannis’ answers so I thought I’d give it a go.
Two Books, One Stone Book Tag
(The book images will take you to the their Goodreads page).
1) The second-last book you read.
• Understanding And Treating Your Migraine by Paula Greenspan.
Read my review HERE if you like.
2) The second book from the top of your TBR.
• Goodreads TBR – Sex Power Money by Sarah Pascoe
• Physical TBR Trolley – Little Darlings by Melanie Golding
3) Two 2-star reads.
• Murder at the Mill by M B Shaw
Read my (slightly scathing) review HERE. It’s actually really fucking funny even if I do say so myself!!!
• Doll House by John Hunt
Read another of my (slightly scathing) reviews HERE!
4) Two great books by the same author.
• Forsaken and The Fourth Monkey by J D Barker.
5) Two bails, or two books you’d wished you’d bailed on, or two books you hated.
• Psycho Analysis by V R Stone
• The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower 1) by Stephen King (sorry, not sorry!)
6) Two favourite books this year.
• Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
• We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
7) Two new favourite book bloggers.
This is such a tough one! I read and follow so many great blogs and to name two favourites is impossible! And most of the blogs I read frequently aren’t really that new. However, I will take this opportunity to mention two whom I always read and thoroughly enjoy.
• Secret Library Book Blog. Nicki is in her secret library reading and listening to an astounding amount of books! She gets through books and audio books at an alarming rate and I think she is actually a reading machine.
• The Tattooed Book Geek. Drew reads really quite different books to me, our genre tastes definitely differ (although I’m currently reading We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix, which will meet his approval 😉🤘🏻) but there’s something about Drew’s posts that I really enjoy. They are always written beautifully with such passion, humour and wit.
8) A book you’ve read twice.
• The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon.
I read this over ten years ago and I re-read it straight after I’d finished. I’ve never done that with a book and I don’t think I’d do it again. But something just compelled me to restart it. And I LOVED it equally both times.
9) Two fabulous quotes from books you’ve read recently.
• The Carer by Deborah Moggach
‘Our marriage was one long conversation that was only interrupted by her death’.
• The Longest Night of Charlie Noon by Christopher Edge.
“I think it’s funny that people all look so different on the outside, but inside our heads our brains all look the same. I can’t help thinking it should be the other way round as it’s the thoughts inside our heads that make us unique”.
So that’s all from me today. I’m off to Gran Canaria a week tomorrow, so I may or may not post anything else between now and the end of September. I’m looking forward to some holiday reading in the last chance sunshine of 2019.
Until next time!